Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Almighty Blog

Deep down I would love to say I hated blogging. But all the alternatives would have been a lot worse so I guess I didn't mind it that much. I'm not really fond of doing blogs and this was my first time. But I found that I was more likely to complete these because I wasn't just writing about a boring topic with a length requirement to turn in the next class time. That's another thing, the topics made it more enjoyable. On most of them I felt like they were very open and we could at least find something somewhat interesting to write about.

Before we even began blogging I had a pretty negative opinion towards it. But after the first few I realized it wasn't that bad. I do think my first blog posts were better than my later ones just because I am starting to loose effort towards the end of the year and I didn't really get into them. But i would say that this definitely helped me to get out of the habit of typing like texting lingo, if you will. I think i enjoyed the enneagram blog the most just because I found it interesting how they can classify all of the unique personalities into like seven different categories. but that's just off the top of my head, there were a few others I didn't mind.

I wouldn't really say I learned much about web writing except for maybe that I now know how to create and manage a blog. highly doubtful, but who knows maybe ill get into blogging in the future. I don't really have anything to reflect about anyone elses' blog. the only time I ever really read any ones was to find out what i should include in mine. I don't think it really made much of a difference to me writing for an audience as opposed to turning it in. It just made it easier to get help on ideas if you had trouble getting started. Like I said earlier I don't think I will be getting into blogging but I guess you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment